Saturday, October 10, 2009

Spin Class

So, as most of you know I joined the YMCA in Duluth a few weeks ago. My intent was to workout on my lunch hour, so I didn't need to worry about doing it before 5am or in the evening when Steve is gone and I'm exhausted.

Things have been going to pretty good and on Friday I took my first 'Spin' class. For those of you who don't know what 'Spin' is...it's basically cycling on a stationary bike. The class lasted 1 hr and in addition to pedaling really really fast you do, what the instructor called, hills and pyramids. Switching gears and standing like you are seriously pedaling a bike up a big giant hill. Needless to say I thought I was going to die and my legs were killing me after...but I have heard it is a very good workout, so I'm hoping to stick with it at least once per week.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Spin is a great workout...I wore my HR monitor before and burned like 1100 calories in an hour...but exhausting it is. If your going to do it more often, it does really make a difference to have biking shoes that "clip in" as you use your muscles on the up and down pedaling.